Weekly Mass Schedule
|Saturday||4:00 pm||1st, 3rd, & 5th
Welcome to St Mary Catholic Churches. If you are new to the community or just in the area visiting, we invite you to come join us as we gather together in fellowship to glorify God. Enjoy a warm, friendly atmosphere where God’s Word is taught by a shared pastor. We offer services in two locations and would be pleased to open our doors and our hearts to anyone interested in serving, loving and learning more about the Lord.
September 27, 2020
Mechanicsville will have mass at 8 AM on Sunday Tipton will have mass at 10 AM on Sunday
- Everyone must wear face protection
- Seating is limited to every third pew.
- Households must maintain six feet separation throughout Mass, Communion and following Mass
- Singing is omitted for the time being.
- Those who are at a greater risk of infection due to age and/or health condition should stay home. In general this pertains to people 65 or older, those with pre existing health conditions or a compromised immune system.
There will be people to assist with seating to assure compliance with these guidelines.
Thank you for your patience
Bulletin items must be submitted by 10:00 am on Tuesdays to: Sylvia Hotz, Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Office Hours: Contact Sylvia at 563-886-2506 or email at email@example.com (Office is open but please no visitors until the bishop recommends we open to the public) All Mass Intentions should be directed to the Office Manager as well
September 24, 2020
Dear Parishioners of St. Mary’s Parish of Tipton and Mechanicsville,
With the coronavirus continuing to negatively impact our parish activities, including participation in our weekend masses, we are contacting you to outline the need for financial contributions to offset the various parish expenses.
Contributions to the Sunday Offertory are used to offset the costs associated with the day-to-day operations of the parish and its programs. These costs include payroll, maintenance and the cleaning of buildings, utilities and programs. Additionally, your contributions will benefit our sacramental preparation services, liturgical programs and religious educations activities.
We are appealing to your past generosity and encourage you to continue to support St. Mary’s Parish during these challenging times. There are four options available for our parishioners to make their contributions which are as follows:
- Complete the attached Fidelity Bank and Trust Authorization Agreement for ACH Debits (Tipton) or Bridge Bank (Mechanicsville). Send a copy of a voided check along with the form to Sylvia Hotz and she will set up your contribution to St. Mary’s Church based on the schedule you have authorized from your bank account wherever you do your banking business. For any questions about the form contact Sylvia Hotz, the parish secretary, at 563-886-2506.
- Mail your contributions to St. Mary’s Church, P.O. Box 309, Tipton, Iowa 52772.
- Use the slot in the office door (south door of the parsonage) on Meridian Street in Tipton.
Our 2020-21 budget (July through June) reflects monthly expenses of just under $21,000 (Tipton). While every effort is being made to minimize operational expenses, your support is needed to meet our daily financial needs. Thank you for your investment and continued support of our parish.
With the support and cooperation of all of St. Mary’s parishioners, we, hopefully, will get through this crisis sooner rather than later.
Additional information relative to the coronavirus is available on the St. Mary’s parish website: www.Stmarystipton.com. Another excellent resource for information is the Diocese of Davenport website: www.davenportdiocese.org.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Fr. Richard Okumu, Pastor